This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

uVision c8051F342 project file organisation

Hi,

I am working on a project on Keil uVision 4. This is for a SILabs part (c8051F342I) using the C51 compiler.

I have noticed that the file organisation can become quite untidy. Object, linker and backup files dropped in the same folder as the source and project files creates quite a mess. Also I observed that files were inexplicably saved with CAPITALIZED filenames.

I am new to Keil software. Is there a way to get to grips with this or is it something that you have to live with?

I did notice that there are options under PROJECT>>OPTIONS to enable you to set paths for output and listing files. I want to use TortoiseSVN to implement version control so having a stable set of filenames, locations and such is quite important.

Parents
  • You do realise that SiLabs do a free IDE (based on Keil's compiler), don't you?

"Object, linker and backup files dropped in the same folder as the source and project files creates quite a mess"

So don't do that, then!

You can configure where those things go.

"I am new to Keil software"

So why are you starting with such an out-of-date version?

"Is there a way to get to grips with this"

Please read the manual?

" did notice that there are options under PROJECT>>OPTIONS to enable you to set paths for output and listing files"

SO use those options, then!

"I want to use TortoiseSVN to implement version control so having a stable set of filenames, locations and such is quite important"

I don't see any problem there?

• You do realise that SiLabs do a free IDE (based on Keil's compiler), don't you?

"Object, linker and backup files dropped in the same folder as the source and project files creates quite a mess"

So don't do that, then!

You can configure where those things go.

"I am new to Keil software"

So why are you starting with such an out-of-date version?

"Is there a way to get to grips with this"

Please read the manual?

" did notice that there are options under PROJECT>>OPTIONS to enable you to set paths for output and listing files"

SO use those options, then!

"I want to use TortoiseSVN to implement version control so having a stable set of filenames, locations and such is quite important"

I don't see any problem there?

Children