This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Inadvertent double spacing in .lst file body

Double spaced lines in our .lst files are unwanted.

I use Keil uvision in the Embedded Microprocessor course that I teach at NHTI, Concord's Community College. On a seemingly random basis, the lines of text in the .lst files are double spaced, although in the symbol table, the lines are single spaced.

In our lab, where identical software is installed, some systems double space the listing and some single space the listing. I have searched high and low for a setting that controls this and have been unsuccessful.

When I upgraded my instructor's laptop to the latest version of Keil, it started double spacing. I had to go back to the previous version to get single spacing on the .lst.

Inadvertent double spacing is unacceptable for my lecture examples and in the labs that the students submit to me.

Can anyone tell me what causes double spacing in the main body (but not the symbol table) of a .lst file?

Thank you,
Bill French
Professor, EET / CPET
NHTI, Concord's Community College
Concord NH

wfrench@ccsnh.edu

Parents
  • Thank you, but we are not working in "C". This is an assembly language only course for Electronic Engineering Technology and Computer Engineering Technology students.

The students have studied C++ but this is not a "C" based course.

Bill French

• Thank you, but we are not working in "C". This is an assembly language only course for Electronic Engineering Technology and Computer Engineering Technology students.

The students have studied C++ but this is not a "C" based course.

Bill French

Children
No data