This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

KEIL MDK V5 SLOW DURING TARGET BUILT

i am used cube mx to generate a initialized template code, frustrating just a template code can take about 5 minute to compile. Is there any reason why it is very slow. I have disabled my antivirus and such but still no avail.

Long time ago I used GNU gcc on slower machines just took about <1minute

Parents
  • Do you use STM32F7xx_DFP 2.9.0 ?

When I rebuild my project, it is very long when I selected STM32F7xx_DFP 2.9.0:
    ".\Objects\OpM-3_OU_HRN_1x.axf" - 0 Error(s), 0 Warning(s).
    Build Time Elapsed: 00:02:36

When I select STM32F7xx_DFP 2.8.0 and rebuild my project, the time is very different:
    Build Time Elapsed: 00:00:34

I open a case with Keil support and thisis their answer:

"Apparently, ST changed the header files that they include with their HAL code, the extra compile time comes from the preprocessor trying to digest their bloated header file every time.
    We can't do anything but request that ST change their header, before we make the next release."

I hope I can help you!

• Do you use STM32F7xx_DFP 2.9.0 ?

When I rebuild my project, it is very long when I selected STM32F7xx_DFP 2.9.0:
    Build Time Elapsed: 00:02:36

When I select STM32F7xx_DFP 2.8.0 and rebuild my project, the time is very different:
    Build Time Elapsed: 00:00:34

I open a case with Keil support and thisis their answer:

"Apparently, ST changed the header files that they include with their HAL code, the extra compile time comes from the preprocessor trying to digest their bloated header file every time.
    We can't do anything but request that ST change their header, before we make the next release."

I hope I can help you!

Children