This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

C51, uVision: Performance Analyzer

Hello.

I've recently downloaded the C51/uVision EVALUATION IDE to get started with learning Embedded C programming. I'm working through Michael J. Pont's free online book.

My question is: Is the Performance Analyzer disabled in the evaluation version, as I can't get the [setup] to work on a one-second loop delay function?

Thanks for reading :)

Parents
  • I found the list of evaluation restrictions...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C51 Evaluation Tools:

The 8051 compiler, assembler, linker, and debugger are limited to 2 Kbytes of object code. Source code may be of any size.

Programs that generate more than 2 Kbytes of object code will not compile, assemble, or link.

The debugger supports programs that are 2 Kbytes or smaller.

The startup code generated includes LJMPs. Code generated cannot be used in single-chip devices that support 2 Kbytes or less of program space.

Programs start at offset 0x0800. Programs generated with the evaluation software may not be programmed into single-chip devices with less than 2 Kbytes of on-chip ROM.

No hardware support for multiple DPTR registers is provided.

No support for floating-point arithmetic and no support for user libraries is provided.

No support for in-line assembly using #pragma ASM.

The following components which are present in the PK51 Full Version are not included in the Evaluation Version: Linker for Code Banking, Library Manager, and RTX51 Tiny Real-time Operating System.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it seems I should be able to get the Performance Analyzer working. More reading of the docs required, but it seemed straight forward. I wonder what I was missing?
    Lee

• I found the list of evaluation restrictions...

C51 Evaluation Tools:

The 8051 compiler, assembler, linker, and debugger are limited to 2 Kbytes of object code. Source code may be of any size.

Programs that generate more than 2 Kbytes of object code will not compile, assemble, or link.

The debugger supports programs that are 2 Kbytes or smaller.

The startup code generated includes LJMPs. Code generated cannot be used in single-chip devices that support 2 Kbytes or less of program space.

Programs start at offset 0x0800. Programs generated with the evaluation software may not be programmed into single-chip devices with less than 2 Kbytes of on-chip ROM.

No hardware support for multiple DPTR registers is provided.

No support for floating-point arithmetic and no support for user libraries is provided.

No support for in-line assembly using #pragma ASM.

The following components which are present in the PK51 Full Version are not included in the Evaluation Version: Linker for Code Banking, Library Manager, and RTX51 Tiny Real-time Operating System.

So it seems I should be able to get the Performance Analyzer working. More reading of the docs required, but it seemed straight forward. I wonder what I was missing?
    Lee

Children
No data