This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

help needed! need to symbols from my .lib file.

hello everyone. im quite new to this.. and to "embedded" in general.. so please help.

i got to do an integration between a costumer code and our algorithem code. im working on a ST board.
i have included our librery to their project, and it works well. i need to send them the code. but , i can see that in the .lib file which i included (the only one they will get) you can see our code .. and for reverse engineering reasons...that sould not be there!

i know there must be a way to hide all the symbols and source code from the .lib file.

i tried using the options for target->linker-> misc control .. trying different flags.. but none seems to work, also tried reading about "scatter files" and "HIDE *" command from Keil's user manuel.

so how its done?

thank's

Parents
  • What can you see in the .lib file that concerns you?

Public symbols would have to be present, otherwise the linker won't be able to know what functions you've included. I can't imagine that your source code is in the .lib file. Reverse engineering of a .lib file like this will always reveal something to a determined reverse engineer and there's not much (if anything) you can do about it. If your code is so valuable, then maybe you should look at some other form of distribution.

• What can you see in the .lib file that concerns you?

Public symbols would have to be present, otherwise the linker won't be able to know what functions you've included. I can't imagine that your source code is in the .lib file. Reverse engineering of a .lib file like this will always reveal something to a determined reverse engineer and there's not much (if anything) you can do about it. If your code is so valuable, then maybe you should look at some other form of distribution.

Children