This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Get raw ETM data from uLink pro?

Hiya,

I have a uLink pro and can successfully see the instruction trace (derived from the ETM data) of a target in uVision in the Trace Data window. However, I'm interested in seeing the raw ETM data extracted from the target chip (i.e., A-sync and I-sync packets as defined in chapter 7 of infocenter.arm.com/.../IHI0014Q_etm_architecture_spec.pdf).

Is there any way to expose this information or infer it without error? If so, how?

Thanks so much!

Parents
  • Out of curiosity, (since I love people that tinker with things). If you can get access to the ETM, stream, what are you going to do with it? Do you have a visualizer or python script waiting in the wings?

=================

Looking at the doc you sent, I would try to find out more about what section 1.1.2 "The debug environment" is talking about. Sounds like the ETM data is compressed, and expects software on the host PC to decompress it. 

• Out of curiosity, (since I love people that tinker with things). If you can get access to the ETM, stream, what are you going to do with it? Do you have a visualizer or python script waiting in the wings?

=================

Looking at the doc you sent, I would try to find out more about what section 1.1.2 "The debug environment" is talking about. Sounds like the ETM data is compressed, and expects software on the host PC to decompress it. 

Children
No data