This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Static library

Hi

I have a project made with a custom board with STM32F3, and I use ARM Keil and ARM Tools for development of the project. The current memory's layout is a partition for bootloader and other for firmware. Now, the project's specifications is changed and the memory layout is divided by 3 partition: a bootloader, kernel, firmware. The kernel has a relevant and critical functions which the final user cannot update, only can update the firmware partition.

I was thinking do a library which contains the kernel but this library must be in a static partition of the memory and some functions must be allocated in a specific address because the firmware has to access it. Do I need make a keil project to build and generate a lib? In the firmware keil project, how can a made an interface to access in the function's library?

Best regards

Parents
  • I was thinking do a library which contains the kernel but this library must be in a static partition of the memory and some functions must be allocated in a specific address because the firmware has to access it.

A library is the wrong tool for that task. What you need is a pre-linked and located image, with special options passed to the linker so it doesn't throw away all code that the kernel itself does not use.

• I was thinking do a library which contains the kernel but this library must be in a static partition of the memory and some functions must be allocated in a specific address because the firmware has to access it.

A library is the wrong tool for that task. What you need is a pre-linked and located image, with special options passed to the linker so it doesn't throw away all code that the kernel itself does not use.

Children