This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

battery charging

will some one tell me about 0.25C8 charging scheme. what does it mean???

Parents
  • I don't know the meaning of the "8" at the end.

But 0.25C describes a charge or discharge current proportional to the rated capacity of the battery. 0.25C means you charge 25% of the total battery capacity every hour. That would mean that if we ignore losses, the battery would be fully charged in 4 hours.

This obviously means that to know the charge/discharge current, you need to know the battery capacity. For a 1000mAh battery, 0.25C would mean 250mA charge or discharge current. For a 16Ah battery, 0.25C would be a current of 4A.

• I don't know the meaning of the "8" at the end.

But 0.25C describes a charge or discharge current proportional to the rated capacity of the battery. 0.25C means you charge 25% of the total battery capacity every hour. That would mean that if we ignore losses, the battery would be fully charged in 4 hours.

This obviously means that to know the charge/discharge current, you need to know the battery capacity. For a 1000mAh battery, 0.25C would mean 250mA charge or discharge current. For a 16Ah battery, 0.25C would be a current of 4A.

Children