This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

KEIL with LPC43xx?

Hey guys , I'm using LPC4357 , and my IDE is Keil Microvision4 . When I start debugging, some registers are not in their reset states (nothing is called before main) like CCU1 registers. I wonder is this has anything to do with KEIL? or I need to upgrade to a newer version? or there is sth better than Keil for LPC ? . Thx in advance

Parents
  • Uncheck "Run to main", your main() gets run after things like SystemInit(), and the initialization of the statics.

The debugger is likely to change some things internals so it can function, it's not going to be wholly transparent or non-invasive.

You could do stuff in the Reset_Handler to copy/read internal states if it's critical for you to understand the reset conditions. You can also debug systems without a JTAG/SWD pod.

• Uncheck "Run to main", your main() gets run after things like SystemInit(), and the initialization of the statics.

The debugger is likely to change some things internals so it can function, it's not going to be wholly transparent or non-invasive.

You could do stuff in the Reset_Handler to copy/read internal states if it's critical for you to understand the reset conditions. You can also debug systems without a JTAG/SWD pod.

Children