This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MCBSTM32F200 flash external NOR

Hi
I have the evaluation board MCBSTM32F200 and I would know how to flash the Blinky's project into the external Flash NOR and run from this.

As I know, in Options Target of uVision IDE you can define the address base and size of external ROM and then allocate objects on this code region. Is this enough or do you need something else for flashing the external flash ?

Thank you for your attention

Best regards

Parents
  • You'd need to select a programming algorithm in the debugger settings to support the memory. To run from the debugger you'd likely need a debugger script to enable/configure the external memory.

Your code would need to enable and configure the external memory via code added to the SystemInit() routines, so that it is usable. ie clocks, pins and peripherals, etc

The part can't immediately run from external memory, you'd need to code a minimal loader that resides in internal flash to enable the external memory and transfer control. Look at ST's IAP examples

• You'd need to select a programming algorithm in the debugger settings to support the memory. To run from the debugger you'd likely need a debugger script to enable/configure the external memory.

Your code would need to enable and configure the external memory via code added to the SystemInit() routines, so that it is usable. ie clocks, pins and peripherals, etc

The part can't immediately run from external memory, you'd need to code a minimal loader that resides in internal flash to enable the external memory and transfer control. Look at ST's IAP examples

Children