This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

N79E059A Writing to Data Flash EEProm

Hi,
I am new to N79E059A 40 pin DIP package. This controller has 4k Data EEprom for storing or reading the data. I am able to write to data eeprom. Any guidance on writing the data flash will be helpful.

Parents
  • Not sure here if you mean the program flash or not, since you first say that you can write to "data eeprom" and then say that you can not write to "the data flash".

EEPROM and flash are more or less the same thing.

Flash is just a cooler name for describing that the EEPROM memory happens to support fast block-sized or full device-sized erase while the older and more traditional EEPROM requires individual cells or small blocks of maybe 8-32 bytes to be erased at a time.

It's a big difference between In Application Programming (IAP) to write to the program flash, and to write to the 4kB EEPROM memory. If the processor supports IAP, then there should be application notes or information in the datasheet how to do it. If you mean the 4kB EEPROM, then I don't see what information you need since you already claim you are able to write to it.

• Not sure here if you mean the program flash or not, since you first say that you can write to "data eeprom" and then say that you can not write to "the data flash".

EEPROM and flash are more or less the same thing.

Flash is just a cooler name for describing that the EEPROM memory happens to support fast block-sized or full device-sized erase while the older and more traditional EEPROM requires individual cells or small blocks of maybe 8-32 bytes to be erased at a time.

It's a big difference between In Application Programming (IAP) to write to the program flash, and to write to the 4kB EEPROM memory. If the processor supports IAP, then there should be application notes or information in the datasheet how to do it. If you mean the 4kB EEPROM, then I don't see what information you need since you already claim you are able to write to it.

Children