This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RTX timing change

I am really surprised that with the latest version of RTX that Keil has changed the functionality of the millisecond parameter to delay functions.

See

http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3766.htm

It sees that now the delay parameter is having 1 added to it in the latest version of RTX.

This is a significant functional change that I would have thought would not have been implemented without reaching out to the community of users. This change breaks a ton of existing code that relies on polling intervals of the tick frequency.

I regularly have threads that implement a 1 ms polling of hardware devices. This is implemented as a simple delay of 1 ms. Granted the first call to this delay function may return in less than 1 ms, but after that it is consistently 1 ms in duration. With the changes I don't believe that I will be able to poll at the tick frequency of 1 ms, it would be 2 ms. It seems to me that minimum polling time has been decreased to 2 times the tick frequency with the latest version.

I would strongly encourage KEIL to put back the original functionality, but I was wondering if others had the same concern.

Parents
  • I am really surprised to see that Keil would make such a change that will impact their customer's existing code so drastically! As Andrew mentioned, it now is impossible to get timing from the RTOS in 1ms granularity. This really messes up my existing code and will require quite a large change to be compatible. I would strongly urge Keil to reverse this change.

Thanks!

• I am really surprised to see that Keil would make such a change that will impact their customer's existing code so drastically! As Andrew mentioned, it now is impossible to get timing from the RTOS in 1ms granularity. This really messes up my existing code and will require quite a large change to be compatible. I would strongly urge Keil to reverse this change.

Thanks!

Children