This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Redirection of terminal output with custom script

Hi,

I am trying to add a custom tool in the UVision IDE 4.73.
Running a tool works perfect and I have 2 situations that influence my script output behaviour.
In the "Customize Tools Menu" :

1) - "Run Independent" enabled causes all my output to be displayed in a terminal window nothing is shown on the "Build Output"
2) - "Run Independent" disabled causes all my output to be redirected leaving a blank terminal, however after the script has finished all output of the script is shown in the "Build Output" window.

My question:
- Is it possible to run a script like in situation 1 ("Run Independent" enabled) and have the output printed in the "Build Output" like in situation 2?
- Is there a dedicated file handle which can be manipulated?

I know that everything which is printed on the "Build Output" is also saved in a *.build_log.htm file but I am guessing
that it is only updated after the process ends.

Thanks in advance,

Parents
  • "Run Independent" means your tool will run independently. "Independent" means your tool will use its own output to display the results, no matter it is a terminal-based tool or with GUI interface.

Disabling "Run Independent" means this tool will run in the environment of uVision. Thus, the output will shown up inside uVision. But depending on your tool, you might have some options of your tool that can output the results into a file or something.

So for the question:
    - Is it possible to run a script like in situation 1 ("Run Independent" enabled) and have the output printed in the "Build Output" like in situation 2?
    I don't think it is possible

• "Run Independent" means your tool will run independently. "Independent" means your tool will use its own output to display the results, no matter it is a terminal-based tool or with GUI interface.

Disabling "Run Independent" means this tool will run in the environment of uVision. Thus, the output will shown up inside uVision. But depending on your tool, you might have some options of your tool that can output the results into a file or something.

So for the question:
    I don't think it is possible

Children
No data