This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Query about 8051 RTOS

I am studying about 8051 now, about it's RTOS, and I have some questions... For what applications do 8051 need an RTOS ? 2) What is the difference between RTOS Lite and full RTOS? Can you suggest some documents where I can learn about 8051 RTOS about it's API's some examples and stuff. Thanks in Advance :)

Parents
  • I would say that any situation where a 8051 needs an RTOS, you need a different processor with a better architecture for the task.

If enough people say "I need an RTOS for 8051" then someone will write an RTOS for 8051 - but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to run an RTOS on 8051 chips.

So if the goal is to use a 8051 chip - use state machines and clever ISR.

If the goal is to use an RTOS - consider an ARM-based chip instead.

• I would say that any situation where a 8051 needs an RTOS, you need a different processor with a better architecture for the task.

If enough people say "I need an RTOS for 8051" then someone will write an RTOS for 8051 - but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to run an RTOS on 8051 chips.

So if the goal is to use a 8051 chip - use state machines and clever ISR.

If the goal is to use an RTOS - consider an ARM-based chip instead.

Children