This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

4X20 LCD Display Problem

Hi, i am working on 4X20 LCD ....i wrote code for that this code is working but when trying to reset my board ...LCD displays Different characters and the position of character also changed so,PLz guide me why this problem happen...

LCD shows Like special Symbols and when ever i tried to reset my board at the time LCD shifts the position of Character but i am not applied the command for that position.....so, Why LCD changes position when i done reset Plz help me ....i tried lot of times but i didnt find solution....

Parents
  • "i tried lot of times but i didnt find solution...."

You tried what?

Remember that you aren't in control of the processor pins during a reset - so how are the pins handled in terms of pull-up/pull-down? Have you made sure that the signalling really will stay idle during a reset?

It's important to always consider what happens with the processor pins during a reset when selecting how to connect external hardware. If you connect a relay, you don't want to get an obligatory short click in the relay on every reset. If connecting some communications device, you want to avoid random data to be sent.

• "i tried lot of times but i didnt find solution...."

You tried what?

Remember that you aren't in control of the processor pins during a reset - so how are the pins handled in terms of pull-up/pull-down? Have you made sure that the signalling really will stay idle during a reset?

It's important to always consider what happens with the processor pins during a reset when selecting how to connect external hardware. If you connect a relay, you don't want to get an obligatory short click in the relay on every reset. If connecting some communications device, you want to avoid random data to be sent.

Children