This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Writing any thing to UART register cause hard fault

Hello, I am using tm4c123g microcontroller(cortex m4) and successfully programmed led blink, created 16x2 and 128x64 library files using CMSIS standard.
But when I try to write any value in UART register, it causes the cpu to jump into hard fault.
Example
UART0->CTL&=~1;

triggers the hard fault handler.
I am facing this problem with all other UART registers like baud registers.

BTW I am able to do it with direct memory addressing. But I want to use UART funcions in CMSIS.
I don't know what's going wrong please help.

Parents
  • If direct addressing functions, but the UART0 pointer doesn't then the logical next step would be to check the value of UART0 and verify if it is corrrect. If not, then the next step would then be to figure out where it gets a value - and figure what is wrong there.

Debugging really is an ideal next step when something doesn't work as expected.

• If direct addressing functions, but the UART0 pointer doesn't then the logical next step would be to check the value of UART0 and verify if it is corrrect. If not, then the next step would then be to figure out where it gets a value - and figure what is wrong there.

Debugging really is an ideal next step when something doesn't work as expected.

Children
No data