This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stack to Host HTML webpage via USB device

I've seen wifi routers host html webpages over ethernet cables. This eliminates the need for a PC app/software and the device can be configured using a PC web browser.
I want to do something similar, but NOT using ethernet. I'm using Nuvoton NANO120LE3BN which has USB device. Is it possible to host a html webpage when the M0-cortex is connected to a PC/MAC as a USB device.
Does Keil have a stack for doing this?
If we do this do we need a driver on the PC ( Windoews 7/8 or MAC OSX)?

Parents
  • Your web browser cares about retrieving web pages from a networked server - you enter a host name when you specify the URL in the browser. If the web browser instead gets a file name, then it can show a HTML page from a disk, but a disk file is static - you need to interface with a web server to get dynamic content. In the end, the concept of the World Wide Web is all about networking.

It's possible to have a USB-connected device show up as a networked device, since it's possible to have USB-connected network cards, WiFi routers etc. But it isn't simple. It's easier to have your device show up as a HID or serial port and to ship a Windows application that hosts a local web server and retrieves the page content from the USB-connected device.

• Your web browser cares about retrieving web pages from a networked server - you enter a host name when you specify the URL in the browser. If the web browser instead gets a file name, then it can show a HTML page from a disk, but a disk file is static - you need to interface with a web server to get dynamic content. In the end, the concept of the World Wide Web is all about networking.

It's possible to have a USB-connected device show up as a networked device, since it's possible to have USB-connected network cards, WiFi routers etc. But it isn't simple. It's easier to have your device show up as a HID or serial port and to ship a Windows application that hosts a local web server and retrieves the page content from the USB-connected device.

Children