This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

about to interface USB keyboard with ARM cortex developement board

Hello, Can anybody help me in integrating USB keyboard with ARM cortex M3(LPC 1768). I have configured the microcontroller as HOST for this(is it right? or does I want to do OTG?).I have downloaded the sample code for USB mass storage from nxp and the keyboard not even enumerated,but it is working for a pendrive.It is not able to read the descriptor even.Awaiting all of the your immediate response on the same. Let me please know how to interface an USB keyboard atleast i need to get the enumeration success.

Visakh.S.V

Parents
  • Visakh,

Reading your post, I don't think you have enough background to start USB host coding. To confirm it, I'll give you an examination here.

Q1. How does host know of device bus speed, low- or full-?
    Q2. What is the minimum set of enumeration? Pick up ONE bus event, and TWO Standard Device Requests.
    Q3. Which descriptor describes report format on HID?
    Q4. Which endpoint carries input reports on HID?
    Q5. What is the major difference of interrupt and bulk transfers?

If you would correctly answer to these basic questions, we'll start a session :-)
    Otherwise, you'd better to start USB study on the device side.

Tsuneo

• Visakh,

Reading your post, I don't think you have enough background to start USB host coding. To confirm it, I'll give you an examination here.

Q1. How does host know of device bus speed, low- or full-?
    Q2. What is the minimum set of enumeration? Pick up ONE bus event, and TWO Standard Device Requests.
    Q3. Which descriptor describes report format on HID?
    Q4. Which endpoint carries input reports on HID?
    Q5. What is the major difference of interrupt and bulk transfers?

If you would correctly answer to these basic questions, we'll start a session :-)
    Otherwise, you'd better to start USB study on the device side.

Tsuneo

Children
No data