This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Assembler data space 8052

I am writing assembler code for the 8052, which has 256 bytes of on board RAM (00-FFh)
Tools are A51 ver 6.20c and BL51 ver 4.21
I am using defining the stack in the IDATA segment.
If any of the stack area extends beyond 7Fh, the linker produces an error message:

IGNORED SEGMENTS: IDATA1

*** ERROR L107: ADDRESS SPACE OVERFLOW SPACE: IDATA SEGMENT: IDATA1 LENGTH: 0028H

LINK/LOCATE RUN COMPLETE. 0 WARNING(S), 1 ERROR(S)

Is there a workaround for this?

Parents
  • I am currntly at a client using IAR, but I do know what the problem is, just not 'where' so here is the fuzzy answer:
    the 'basic' '51 only has 128 bytes of RAM so that, most likely is the default.
    there is a place (that I do not recall) where you specify the IDATA length, find it and change it to 256 and you are home free.

maybe with this someone will post the place

Erik

• I am currntly at a client using IAR, but I do know what the problem is, just not 'where' so here is the fuzzy answer:
    the 'basic' '51 only has 128 bytes of RAM so that, most likely is the default.
    there is a place (that I do not recall) where you specify the IDATA length, find it and change it to 256 and you are home free.

maybe with this someone will post the place

Erik

Children
No data