This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

programming about RTC

I am going to do a project with 8052,DS89C450 and RTC CDP68HC68T1 which is communication with SPI. and i am going to program LCD can show the calendar and time and even from keypad we can change time and date. however i am really a freshman with this device at all especially the programming about SPI. can anybody help me?

Parents
  • The way to go is to get all the documents available for your processor and the peripherial chips. Then look for all application notes and source code.

After having spent time going through this available material (which does take time but have to take time since we can't be lucky enough to learn with no time spent), you would either know enough to write own code or modify sample code. Or you would have managed to get stuck on a number of very specific questions - questions well suited to ask for clarification about on this or other forums.

In short - we can't really help much until you have got your hands dirty by fighting enough that you know where you are stuck.

Note that even sample code for other processors are meaningful to look at, when trying to learn the required basic concepts involved. If the processor requires that you do the SPI manually, then it's just a question of what register names and bits that controls the specific I/O pins. If using a processor with hardware SPI (which is very common since SPI is simple to implement in silicon) then most chips have very similar design so knowing SPI for one processor makes it very easy to read sample SPI code for another processor and understand exactly what is done and why.

• The way to go is to get all the documents available for your processor and the peripherial chips. Then look for all application notes and source code.

After having spent time going through this available material (which does take time but have to take time since we can't be lucky enough to learn with no time spent), you would either know enough to write own code or modify sample code. Or you would have managed to get stuck on a number of very specific questions - questions well suited to ask for clarification about on this or other forums.

In short - we can't really help much until you have got your hands dirty by fighting enough that you know where you are stuck.

Note that even sample code for other processors are meaningful to look at, when trying to learn the required basic concepts involved. If the processor requires that you do the SPI manually, then it's just a question of what register names and bits that controls the specific I/O pins. If using a processor with hardware SPI (which is very common since SPI is simple to implement in silicon) then most chips have very similar design so knowing SPI for one processor makes it very easy to read sample SPI code for another processor and understand exactly what is done and why.

Children