This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

uVision4 - Memory Dump?

I'm using uVision4 on an STM32 platform.

Is it possible to get a dump of memory to file during debug? I can view the memory, yes, but i can't even select the contents of that window to copy-paste.

what i need to accomplish is to compare certain memory locations (large ranges, not feasible to do manually) between function calls. i can not do it programmatically since it might adulterate the memory i'm analyzing.

any ideas?

Parents
  • Per;
    One technique I have used is to write a printf to the debug command window with a debugger function.ini routine. Then set a breakpoint execute to execute the function. Then go to the debug command line and do a log to file. You can also include this in your debug function. Anything written to the debug command window will be logged to the file. I have used this for all type of data dumps but I have never attempted to dump code space.

Look at the debugger LOG command and 'Creating Functions' in the uVision Debugger's Manual. Remember the printf function in the debugger function is a special printf function that writes only to the command window. This is NOT the same as the 'C' language printf function.

Bradford

• Per;
    One technique I have used is to write a printf to the debug command window with a debugger function.ini routine. Then set a breakpoint execute to execute the function. Then go to the debug command line and do a log to file. You can also include this in your debug function. Anything written to the debug command window will be logged to the file. I have used this for all type of data dumps but I have never attempted to dump code space.

Look at the debugger LOG command and 'Creating Functions' in the uVision Debugger's Manual. Remember the printf function in the debugger function is a special printf function that writes only to the command window. This is NOT the same as the 'C' language printf function.

Bradford

Children