This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Need a Help, Design issue

Hello,

I am Building a Embedded Controller,which has 40+ IO's and need 8 Channel ADC. I have designed it using 89c51/52 and 8255's. But i am trying to build the same in a single chip provided 48 io's. ADC(optional),UART(reqd).
Constraint is that i have a programmer which supports only 48 DIP packages.
Would be helpful if anybody can guide me in selecting a Chip and a programmer(Cost Effective!). Package - Any.
Any guides/reference for how to program this IC
http://www.keil.com/dd/chip/3449.htm

Parents
  • I am Building a Embedded Controller,which has 40+ IO's and need 8 Channel ADC. I have designed it using 89c51/52 and 8255's. But i am trying to build the same in a single chip provided 48 io's. ADC(optional),UART(reqd).
    do not stay in the past
    1) get rid of the 8255 it is WAAAY too slow for modern uCs and better solutions have been available for at least the last 10 years.
    2) for extreme numbers of I/O use an 8-port '51 (8*8 = 64 I/O) such as the SILabs f12x/f13x

Erik

• I am Building a Embedded Controller,which has 40+ IO's and need 8 Channel ADC. I have designed it using 89c51/52 and 8255's. But i am trying to build the same in a single chip provided 48 io's. ADC(optional),UART(reqd).
    do not stay in the past
    1) get rid of the 8255 it is WAAAY too slow for modern uCs and better solutions have been available for at least the last 10 years.
    2) for extreme numbers of I/O use an 8-port '51 (8*8 = 64 I/O) such as the SILabs f12x/f13x

Erik

Children