This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Project Compiles but does not run in uVision4

Hello,

I'm dealing with a confussing issue with my uVision installation. I had a project that was developed in uVision3 and worked. Compiled. Ran. Pretty much did what it was suppose to. Then a few months later I needed to investigate some changes in the program. I can no longer get the old, unchanged version of the code to compile. I get this error.

Error: C9932E: This Evaluation Version has expired. Please contact your supplier.

A search on keil.com led me to a page that told me to upgrade my tool so I did. Now I'm running uVision4. It fixed the compiling problem, now it compiles and with no errors, but the resulting program does not run. If I program the device it does not run. If I launch the debugger the app never gets past the first few commands in the disassembly, labeled scatterload_rt2 and scatterload_null.

Is there something with porting a project over to uVision4 that I am missing?

Parents
  • Did you replace the startup file? Changing the size of the startup code can make a difference if you have variables/code at absolute address in the flash, or if the changes results in the linker switching locations for the scatter code.

It sesms like the scatter code isn't really robust when it comes to linking. It is quite easy to produce situations that doesn't run.

• Did you replace the startup file? Changing the size of the startup code can make a difference if you have variables/code at absolute address in the flash, or if the changes results in the linker switching locations for the scatter code.

It sesms like the scatter code isn't really robust when it comes to linking. It is quite easy to produce situations that doesn't run.

Children