This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

working on power line communication

Hello everyone!
I am working on power line communication and i am getting confused whether i should go for serial communication or any other protocol,
Can anyone suggest me the same.

Regards,
Salma

Parents
  • You can't do anything but serial communication, unless you are planning to communicate on multiple phases at the same time.

I2C is serial. SPI is serial. UART is serial. CAN is serial. USB is serial. FireWire is serial.

But you must consider using a protocol on top of the serial data, since you must make sure that the receiving end can figure out if it got a correct transfer or not. And most probably, you will want to implement a resend function.

• You can't do anything but serial communication, unless you are planning to communicate on multiple phases at the same time.

I2C is serial. SPI is serial. UART is serial. CAN is serial. USB is serial. FireWire is serial.

But you must consider using a protocol on top of the serial data, since you must make sure that the receiving end can figure out if it got a correct transfer or not. And most probably, you will want to implement a resend function.

Children
No data