This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Execution speed

Hello friends

I have encountered a very strange problem, I have keil with MDK3.08a version. When i compiled program and loaded in the target the execution speed of the program becomes considerably slower (not in debug mode). I have compared the speed with the previous version of keil (i don't remember may be 3.20).

Furthermore when i interchange the location of C file in the work space it effects the execution speed. When I compared the output hex file of the same project with interchanged c files position in work space, i found they were different.

Please help me out of this

Parents
  • becomes considerably slower

How much exactly, is being called "considerable" here?

Are you sure you set up the project as equal as you can make it, with the new tools? In particular, did you check the manuals for changed default states of compiler/optimization options?

When I compared the output hex file of the same project with interchanged c files position in work space, i found they were different.

Of course they were. Linkage order is (initially) controlled by the order of files in the IDE project, and linkage order will affect the actual program being generated. So the hex files should change.

• becomes considerably slower

How much exactly, is being called "considerable" here?

Are you sure you set up the project as equal as you can make it, with the new tools? In particular, did you check the manuals for changed default states of compiler/optimization options?

When I compared the output hex file of the same project with interchanged c files position in work space, i found they were different.

Of course they were. Linkage order is (initially) controlled by the order of files in the IDE project, and linkage order will affect the actual program being generated. So the hex files should change.

Children