This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Uvision and Eclipse

I have read the number of threads here on using Eclipse with uVision. But I have not found a thread that stated that someone had completed the interface.
I understand we can use Eclipse with .bat files and make files.
I still like the ease of use of the automake files in uVision although I know Erik would not agree with me.
I repeat the several threads, has anyone interfaced Eclipse with uVision?
Bradford

Parents
  • This also might be of help
    frozentux.blogspot.com/.../switching-gnu-toolchains-in-eclipse.html

Eclipse I believe needs to have some tools for it to manage building such things. It doesn't make much sense to require people to know JAVA and to create plugin's for something that is an interface (CDT based really) for C/C++ compilers.

Eclipse is OK however lately I've been giving Code::Blocks a serious look over (http://www.codeblocks.org/ ). Eclipse does do a great job for writing code, the nasty part though is compiling that code (the CDT does not address this properly as what is the point of writing code without having a well organized standard access method to compilers and tool chains). I have numerous compilers however, I am no Java programmer, and I don't think writing a pile of XML files for configuration is a good idea either. It's far too hands on (who has the time is a better way to look at it).

Erstwhile hopefully the above links are of use.

Stephen

• This also might be of help
    frozentux.blogspot.com/.../switching-gnu-toolchains-in-eclipse.html

Eclipse I believe needs to have some tools for it to manage building such things. It doesn't make much sense to require people to know JAVA and to create plugin's for something that is an interface (CDT based really) for C/C++ compilers.

Eclipse is OK however lately I've been giving Code::Blocks a serious look over (http://www.codeblocks.org/ ). Eclipse does do a great job for writing code, the nasty part though is compiling that code (the CDT does not address this properly as what is the point of writing code without having a well organized standard access method to compilers and tool chains). I have numerous compilers however, I am no Java programmer, and I don't think writing a pile of XML files for configuration is a good idea either. It's far too hands on (who has the time is a better way to look at it).

Erstwhile hopefully the above links are of use.

Stephen

Children