This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

keil uvision for linux and mac platforms plzzz

Hi Friends,

Is there any ide for developing on mac and linux platforms.

Thanks
srikanth

Parents
  • There are many multi-target IDE's for these platforms. From the old school emacs to more user friendly systems like eclipse.

A gcc port for the arm is widely available.

Remember, at it's heart, an ide is a text editor that is able to call a compiler.

Keil will run to some extent under wine on linux. I've had difficulty getting the processor loading with uvision2 usb-jtag device to work, but I haven't tried very hard either.

If you need to do any simulation, your best bet is likely going to be the 'run uvision under wine' option. If you can be more specific about you needs, I can point you in a more specific direction.

ND

• There are many multi-target IDE's for these platforms. From the old school emacs to more user friendly systems like eclipse.

A gcc port for the arm is widely available.

Remember, at it's heart, an ide is a text editor that is able to call a compiler.

Keil will run to some extent under wine on linux. I've had difficulty getting the processor loading with uvision2 usb-jtag device to work, but I haven't tried very hard either.

If you need to do any simulation, your best bet is likely going to be the 'run uvision under wine' option. If you can be more specific about you needs, I can point you in a more specific direction.

ND

Children