This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Programmsize restriction within codeblock

Hello,
are there any restrictions of codesize within a codeblock?

For examle the first code doesn't work:

if ( value ){
        .       many Codelines
}

If i shorten the code above, then it works. i couldn't find out the border to the codesize within the block.

But this Code works correct:

if ( value ){
        myfunction();
}

void myfunction (void){
        .       many Codelines
}

In both cases i don't get any error-messages from the compiler, while compiling.

Thanks for help
Christian Tauschek

Parents
  • Do you mean, for example, this: www.open-std.org/.../n1124.pdf - which is "WG14/N1124 Committee Draft - May 6, 2005 ISO/IEC 9899:TC2" ?

Yes, that's the one.

A block allows a set of declarations and statements to be grouped into one syntactic unit.

That paragraph refers to a "block" - not a "codeblock".

Like Erik, I have not heard the term "codeblock" used in this context before.

While I certainly agree that the term 'codeblock' is not used, I was allowing for the reader's ability to manage the conceptual leap:

"Set of declarations and statements": code.

"Set of declarations and statements grouped into one syntactic unit": codeblock, as in 'block of code'.

I should know better.

• Do you mean, for example, this: www.open-std.org/.../n1124.pdf - which is "WG14/N1124 Committee Draft - May 6, 2005 ISO/IEC 9899:TC2" ?

Yes, that's the one.

A block allows a set of declarations and statements to be grouped into one syntactic unit.

That paragraph refers to a "block" - not a "codeblock".

Like Erik, I have not heard the term "codeblock" used in this context before.

While I certainly agree that the term 'codeblock' is not used, I was allowing for the reader's ability to manage the conceptual leap:

"Set of declarations and statements": code.

"Set of declarations and statements grouped into one syntactic unit": codeblock, as in 'block of code'.

I should know better.

Children