This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

USB-based IAP vs DFU for STM32

Hello everybody,

I would like to perform an upgrade of the application code running on my STM32 through a web page (applet). My hardware uses only the USB interface(no other communication interface). What would you suggest ? Do you have any application note / example code using the USB as a channel for code upgrade.

Thanks,

Hugues

Parents
  • It really doesn't make any difference to the USB what the data is used for - it's just data as far as the USB is concerned.

Similarly, it really doesn't make any difference to the firmware updater how the data arrives.

So, look at the ST app note about firmware update - see how it does the update, and replace the comms part with your USB...

"My hardware uses only the USB interface"

How does it use the USB?

• It really doesn't make any difference to the USB what the data is used for - it's just data as far as the USB is concerned.

Similarly, it really doesn't make any difference to the firmware updater how the data arrives.

So, look at the ST app note about firmware update - see how it does the update, and replace the comms part with your USB...

"My hardware uses only the USB interface"

How does it use the USB?

Children