This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Compilation succeeds but no object file created (TwinCAN LLD)

Hello everybody!

I am using the Easy Kit for the XC164CS-32F microcontroller for a CAN-Bus application. On the enclosed CD for the development kit I found a demo-code for CAN applications, a so called LLD(Low Level Driver) software for the TwinCAN module, developed by Infineon (I found that one nowhere on the inet). The code looked pretty good (encapsulation, API, and so on) and the header-description showed my that it was compiled for my controller. Although some files where compiled for TC1775B(I never found that one on Infineon's website). So, no suprise the project didn't compile as expected. After several changes no more syntax errors occured and the compilation itself worked. So when hitting build target the C166 compiler showed no errors. The Linker L166 complains about a missing object file (*** FATAL ERROR L210: I/O ERROR ON INPUT FILE: EXCEPTION 0021H) and therefore is not able to create the project. So a quick look into my project folder shows that the missing object file (called CAN_API.obj) is really not there! So there is still a compiler problem. The CAN implementation has three C-files (CAN_interrupts.c/CAN_interface.c/CAN_API.c) and several header-files. The first two files, when translated seperately result in a object-file but the third one does not. CAN_API.h contains basically all the prototypes and CAN_API.c has all the definitions of these functions.

So to cut a long story short: Why is there no object-file generated?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, tom

//----------------------------------------------
IDE-Version:
µVision3 V3.30a

Tool Version Numbers:
Toolchain Path: C:\Keil\C166\BIN\
EC++ Compiler: EC166.Exe V1.09a
C Compiler: C166.Exe V6.04
Assembler: A166.Exe V5.20
Linker/Locator: L166.Exe V5.21
Librarian: LIB166.Exe V4.26