This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

usb emulator cannot be found

I just got a KEIL eval kit (MCBSTM32), and I'm having a little trouble getting started. Initially, I built the Blinky app and downloaded it into the eval board with no problems. I modified the program, and downloaded it without any problems too. Then I copied the project to a new directory to start making significant changes to it. Unfortunately, after it built with no errors or warnings, I couldn't load it into the eval board. I get a series of dialog boxes that say (in order)...

"Emulator lookup failed" + "Emu=JTAGjet;Port=USB emulator cannot be found" (with Retry and Cancel buttons).

After pressing Cancel...

"Select Communication Interface" shows up, with no available devices in the list, and pressing "Re-Scan devices" doesn't make any show up.

After pressing Cancel...

"Target Initialization Error" + "Cannot connect - ISigConnect::Connect() failed"

followed by...

"uVision3" + "Error:Flash Download failed - C:\Keil\ARM\Signum|SigUV3Arm.dll"

Sigh...

Going back to the original Blinky project, now that won't download to the target either. I checked *ALL* the project options between the two project and they're the same.

Now for the wierd part...

I can create a project from scratch for the part on the eval board, and it builds and downloads into the eval board just fine. The original and copied/modified Blinky projects won't though.

Anyone have any suggestions for making the Blinky project work again (besides re-installing the eval tools)...?

Parents
  • Okay... a coworker suggested that I re-select the microcontroller device type in the project options, because that had worked for him for other bizzare problems he'd had with his KEIL tools.

Well... I did that... and then both the original and modified Blinky programs can be downloaded into the eval board once more.

His theory is that doing so resets some hidden settings in the project that you otherwise have no direct control over.

Don't know if that's right or not, but doing so did allow me to once more load the program into the micro on the eval board again. All is well, sort-of.

(...theme from "The Twilight Zone" plays softly in the background...)

• Okay... a coworker suggested that I re-select the microcontroller device type in the project options, because that had worked for him for other bizzare problems he'd had with his KEIL tools.

Well... I did that... and then both the original and modified Blinky programs can be downloaded into the eval board once more.

His theory is that doing so resets some hidden settings in the project that you otherwise have no direct control over.

Don't know if that's right or not, but doing so did allow me to once more load the program into the micro on the eval board again. All is well, sort-of.

(...theme from "The Twilight Zone" plays softly in the background...)

Children