This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

http server tiny packets from MCB2300

Sometimes the HTTP server gets in a state where it serves a web page made up of tiny packets, with some containing as few as 2 bytes. Consequently the page comes up slowly in the browser.

If I reset the board, the problem goes away. I haven't figured out how to reproduce it predictably.

These packets come very close together. I thought the HTTP server used delayed ACK?

Parents
  • To improve the performance of HTTP server we split HTTP outgoing packets into 2 parts, one big and one very small packet with only a few bytes (because of a delayed ACK impact). It is thus normal if you see here and there a small TCP outgoing packet.

If all packets are small and the reaction of HTTP server is very slow, then there must be something wrong. Can you analyse the situation which leads to such behaviour? How can we duplicate the problem here?

• To improve the performance of HTTP server we split HTTP outgoing packets into 2 parts, one big and one very small packet with only a few bytes (because of a delayed ACK impact). It is thus normal if you see here and there a small TCP outgoing packet.

If all packets are small and the reaction of HTTP server is very slow, then there must be something wrong. Can you analyse the situation which leads to such behaviour? How can we duplicate the problem here?

Children