This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Download test program to RAM & execute

Hello. I use ST10F276. Application "main" is already programmed in FLASH. I need to download "test" application in RAM for testing hardware. How can i do this? "Main" application must work after reset.

Parents
  • Hi,

Use bootstrap mode to load the app in RAM?

I don't know anything about the ST10F276 specifically but the C167 has the limitation that you can't enable the watchdog in bootstrap mode, but that's about it.

On a C167 you can load a bootstrap loader using the bootstrap mode (and set all BUSCON's etc), and from there read the rest of the app that gets loaded in RAM and execute. When you reset the system, it should start from flash again.

Regards,
    Joost Leeuwesteijn

• Hi,

Use bootstrap mode to load the app in RAM?

I don't know anything about the ST10F276 specifically but the C167 has the limitation that you can't enable the watchdog in bootstrap mode, but that's about it.

On a C167 you can load a bootstrap loader using the bootstrap mode (and set all BUSCON's etc), and from there read the rest of the app that gets loaded in RAM and execute. When you reset the system, it should start from flash again.

Regards,
    Joost Leeuwesteijn

Children