This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Checksum calculation of a specific part of the code

Is it possible to force the compiler (with a directive or something) to store a specific part of the code in a predefined area in the memory?

What I want to do is to be able to calculate a checksum of some specific functions in my code, so I later can prove that they are unchanged since the last build.

My thought is that if I know in which memory area these functions are located then I can simply calculate a checksum of this area.

Any ideas, someone?

Parents
  • What I want to do is to be able to calculate a checksum of some specific functions in my code, so I later can prove that they are unchanged since the last build.
    You can't do that. They may "change" eventhough they are "the same" because some variable is added elsewhere in the program which makes the linker change the address of some of the variables used by "unchanged" code.

Erik

• What I want to do is to be able to calculate a checksum of some specific functions in my code, so I later can prove that they are unchanged since the last build.
    You can't do that. They may "change" eventhough they are "the same" because some variable is added elsewhere in the program which makes the linker change the address of some of the variables used by "unchanged" code.

Erik

Children