This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

about code size

hi, I'm a C51 beginner,I writen a C51 program which generated binary code about 30Kbytes, but in .asm program,it generated binary code only about 16Kbyte. How can I save the C51 program's code size? thanks!

Parents
  • When you say the program generate 30K binary code, where are you looking to determine the size of the code?

If you are looking at the size of the .OBJ file, you are looking the wrong place. The .OBJ file is not indicative of the size of the code.

To find the size of the code, you must look in the .LST file generated by the compiler or the assembler.

Jon

• When you say the program generate 30K binary code, where are you looking to determine the size of the code?

If you are looking at the size of the .OBJ file, you are looking the wrong place. The .OBJ file is not indicative of the size of the code.

To find the size of the code, you must look in the .LST file generated by the compiler or the assembler.

Jon

Children