This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Build counter

One can often see "build number" in about boxes of different applications for PC. Wouldn't it be nice if uVision had some sort of 'build counter'? It would help in tracing version numbers and show the amount of work spent for writing software.

Parents
  • I have written a little DOS application that searches in a file (file name is calling parameter) for "buildnr" and then determines, if there is some #define or db or = structure. If so, it modifies that file (counts up the buildnr string) and backs up the old file.

This DOS program can be called by my developement environment (that came with my ICE) automatically after linking. This way, I am counting up my build counter every time I link the project.

I usually create an include file (*.h) or (*.inc) that holds that buildnr definition. This way, I prevent that the file is still open and the counter programm cannot access it. (I don't open that little file in my environment).

If anybody is interested in that buildcnt.exe, just ask, I will e-mail it.

Sven

• I have written a little DOS application that searches in a file (file name is calling parameter) for "buildnr" and then determines, if there is some #define or db or = structure. If so, it modifies that file (counts up the buildnr string) and backs up the old file.

This DOS program can be called by my developement environment (that came with my ICE) automatically after linking. This way, I am counting up my build counter every time I link the project.

I usually create an include file (*.h) or (*.inc) that holds that buildnr definition. This way, I prevent that the file is still open and the counter programm cannot access it. (I don't open that little file in my environment).

If anybody is interested in that buildcnt.exe, just ask, I will e-mail it.

Sven

Children