This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

***error 65: no 'execute/read' permission

I'm jumping to an address in external Flash which is outside of my internal EPROM code area. In uV2, I've set up my target with this Off-chip Code Memory starting at address 0x4000 and with a size of 0xC000. When I attempt to make a jump to this address range I get the following error:

***error 65: access violation at C:0x4000 : no 'execute/read' permission
Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

Parents
  • When you load a target program into the simulator, a memory map is defined using the information from the OMF file. The memory map that is defined includes which ranges of memory are executable, which are readable, and which are writable.

This is usually a "FEATURE" that lets you know that you program has jumped off into the weeds. :-)

Check the Memory Map settings inthe Debug menu to make sure that the address range you have trouble with is specified.

Keil Support

• When you load a target program into the simulator, a memory map is defined using the information from the OMF file. The memory map that is defined includes which ranges of memory are executable, which are readable, and which are writable.

This is usually a "FEATURE" that lets you know that you program has jumped off into the weeds. :-)

Check the Memory Map settings inthe Debug menu to make sure that the address range you have trouble with is specified.

Keil Support

Children