This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I am new to Arm Development, How do I start?

I know programming, several languages, c, c ++, c #, etc ... and I work a lot with arduino, I would like to start with some simple 32/64-bit development board and with a free IDE, I would like to work with IoT or automobile, but not I know where to start, thank you in advance for your time

Parents
  • I don't think anything 64-bit is going to be simple.

You can do something like a Raspberry Pi.  You get a lovely development environment(s), a wide choice of languages, and learn an entirely different class of "embedded" by running applications underneath a "real" operating system.

Interfacing with sensors/etc through an OS like Linux is rather different than interfacing at bare hardware level (AFAIK), but is still a useful skill.  And the actual applications can be arbitrarily "simple" despite the hidden complexity of ... everything.

• I don't think anything 64-bit is going to be simple.

You can do something like a Raspberry Pi.  You get a lovely development environment(s), a wide choice of languages, and learn an entirely different class of "embedded" by running applications underneath a "real" operating system.

Interfacing with sensors/etc through an OS like Linux is rather different than interfacing at bare hardware level (AFAIK), but is still a useful skill.  And the actual applications can be arbitrarily "simple" despite the hidden complexity of ... everything.

Children
No data