This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali GPU Reading from CPU cache

Hi

In Samsung Exynos 5422, it is mentioned that Mali T-628 GPU is I/O coherent with A15 and A7 CPU and GPU can access data from CPUs cache

I want to measure the time it takes for the Mali GPU to read from the CPUs cache (A15 or A7). Can you suggest me some ways to do this?

Thanks

Maasa

Parents
  • Hi and

In Samsung Exynos 5422, it is mentioned that Mali T-628 GPU is I/O coherent with A15 and A7 CPU and GPU can access data from CPUs cache

I want to measure the time it takes for the Mali GPU to read from the CPUs cache (A15 or A7). Can you suggest me some ways to do this?

If I use CL_MEM_ALLOC_HST_PTR and allocate a buffer and if the buffer is first used by CPU, will the buffer be cached in CPUs cache? If GPU tries to modify the same buffer, it has to read from the CPU caches and not from main memory right? Please let me know if my understanding is correct?

I want to somehow mimic the operation of GPU reading from CPUs cache. Please let me know if you can suggest some ways

• Hi and

If I use CL_MEM_ALLOC_HST_PTR and allocate a buffer and if the buffer is first used by CPU, will the buffer be cached in CPUs cache? If GPU tries to modify the same buffer, it has to read from the CPU caches and not from main memory right? Please let me know if my understanding is correct?

I want to somehow mimic the operation of GPU reading from CPUs cache. Please let me know if you can suggest some ways

Children
No data