This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

G71 driver for hikey960 board?

Hi, all,

I managed to get linaro v2.2 linux (kernel 4.13, debian based) running on hikey960 board.  I also got X running on framebuffer driver.  See details at  https://discuss.96boards.org/t/how-can-we-deploy-latest-image-with-uefi-on-hikey960/2074/59 

However, the graphic performance obviously sucks with framebuffer driver.  I wonder if I can "grab" G71 openGL driver from Android distribution and apply it here.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

• Hi,

Android based driver will not do the trick here: this falls back to number of differences in windowing system, buffer management and other dependencies and as such it will just not work.
    Aside, X11 support has been dropped back at the middle of this year. So there will be no further updates as far as X11 is being concerned. You might want to refer to Wayland/Weston for Linux-based distributions.
    It is also worth noting that we do plan to provide support for Hikey960 for both Android and Linux(with weston/wayland).