This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali Graphics Debugger - GL Vendor,Renderer,Version all Unknown

Hi.

Just installed the Mali Graphics Debugger and I'm trying to use it with an Orange Pi One (Mali400-MP2) running Armbian but the daemon can't recognize the driver

Followed the instructions and installed mgddaemon. When I run it got the messages:

INFO: Main: The MGD daemon is starting Daemon is version: D016

ERROR: DeviceInfo: Unable to load GPU information (GL_VENDOR, GL_RENDERER, GL_VERSION) for this device.

3D acceleration works fine in Armbian I can run glmark2-es2 and run other OpenGL ES examples fine.

If I run es2_info:

GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES 2.0
GL_RENDERER: Mali-400 MP

I'm a beginner so I don´t know if glxinfo is relevant but it reports:

MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
libGL error: unable to load driver: mali_drm_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: mali_drm

Parents
  • Hi Graedus,

I have to admit that I am not familar with Armbian but it looks to be a debian based Linux distribution so should work. From the messages you provided it looks to be that MGD is unable to detect where your OpenGL ES libraries are.

Could you share with me the location of your Mali driver. You will be looking for libGLESv2.so and libEGL.so. The easiest way to work this out is to run the command ldd on one of the examples that is working correctly.

Also could you share the exact line you use when you are running your application that fails with MGD.

Kind regards,

Stephen

• Hi Graedus,

I have to admit that I am not familar with Armbian but it looks to be a debian based Linux distribution so should work. From the messages you provided it looks to be that MGD is unable to detect where your OpenGL ES libraries are.

Could you share with me the location of your Mali driver. You will be looking for libGLESv2.so and libEGL.so. The easiest way to work this out is to run the command ldd on one of the examples that is working correctly.

Also could you share the exact line you use when you are running your application that fails with MGD.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Children