This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

About argument specification of eglCreateImageKHR ()

When using MALI-T 820, what should be specified for the fourth argument of eglCreateImageKHR(), EGLClientBuffer buffer?
We have confirmed that eglCreateImageKHR() is supported as an OpenGL extension.

Parents
  • Hi aki,

EGLImage can be used to share resources between different APIs (EGL, OpenVX, OpenGL ES, etc). It works like an alias for a resource created from an API (source API) to be used in another API (destination API).

For example, if your platform supports EGL_KHR_image_pixmap extension and you want to create an OpenGL textures (destination API) from an EGL Pixmap (source API) you can do something like this:

//Create an EGLPixmap as pixmap
    EGLImage eglImage = eglCreateImageKHR(dpy, ctx, EGL_NATIVE_PIXMAP_KHR , (EGLClientBuffer) pixmap, NULL);

Then you can associated the eglImage created to a GLES texture using glEGLImageTargetTexture2DOES.

If you are working with Android and android graphics buffers you can have a look at this: https://gist.github.com/rexguo/6696123

If tell me more about what are you trying to achieve I can give you more precise answers.

Hope it helps,

Daniele

• Hi aki,

EGLImage can be used to share resources between different APIs (EGL, OpenVX, OpenGL ES, etc). It works like an alias for a resource created from an API (source API) to be used in another API (destination API).

For example, if your platform supports EGL_KHR_image_pixmap extension and you want to create an OpenGL textures (destination API) from an EGL Pixmap (source API) you can do something like this:

//Create an EGLPixmap as pixmap
    EGLImage eglImage = eglCreateImageKHR(dpy, ctx, EGL_NATIVE_PIXMAP_KHR , (EGLClientBuffer) pixmap, NULL);

Then you can associated the eglImage created to a GLES texture using glEGLImageTargetTexture2DOES.

If you are working with Android and android graphics buffers you can have a look at this: https://gist.github.com/rexguo/6696123

If tell me more about what are you trying to achieve I can give you more precise answers.

Hope it helps,

Daniele

Children