This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reading and writing YUV 10 bit texture

I want to read and write YUV 10 bit texture with MALI - T 820, but I do not know how to specify it. What should I set up?

Parents
  • YUV formats cannot be directly allocated and specified via OpenGL ES; you'll need to import a 10-bit YUV external EGL image (if your platform integration actually supports them) and use that.

For reading the following extensions must be supported:

• GL_KHR_image_base
    • OES_EGL_image_external

... additionally with:

• OES_EGL_image_external_essl3

... if you want to use "#version 300 es" shaders

For writing the following extensions must also be supported:

• EXT_YUV_target

Note: which YUV formats are actually supported and how to allocate them is OS and platform dependent; even though the GPU supports it doesn't necessarily mean that the host platform does (e.g. if the other media encoders or display controller do not understand 10-bit YUV, there is no point the GPU generating it).

Kind regards, 
    Pete

• YUV formats cannot be directly allocated and specified via OpenGL ES; you'll need to import a 10-bit YUV external EGL image (if your platform integration actually supports them) and use that.

For reading the following extensions must be supported:

• GL_KHR_image_base
    • OES_EGL_image_external

... additionally with:

• OES_EGL_image_external_essl3

... if you want to use "#version 300 es" shaders

For writing the following extensions must also be supported:

• EXT_YUV_target

Note: which YUV formats are actually supported and how to allocate them is OS and platform dependent; even though the GPU supports it doesn't necessarily mean that the host platform does (e.g. if the other media encoders or display controller do not understand 10-bit YUV, there is no point the GPU generating it).

Kind regards, 
    Pete

Children