This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I have a question about using mipmap in ASTC Texture Format (Opengl ES)

Hi everyone.

I am now in a situation where I need to use the ASTC Texture format in my Opengl ES 3.0 environment.

However, I can not apply Mipmap to ASTC format.

Sample Images (bmp, png) changed to ASTC Format using Mali Texture Compress tool.

However, when applying the mipmap provided by the tool, several images were created.

So, I tried using the glGenerateMipmap function with one of them, but it did not work.

Is there any other way to apply mipmap to ASTC format?

Thank you.

best regards.

Parents
  • For all lossy compressed textures (ETC, ETC2+EAC, ASTC, etc) mipmaps must be generated offline, and each level is uploaded separately as a separate manual texture upload to the OpenGL ES API.

This is not unique to ASTC - this is common to all of the compressed formats (GPU can decompress only).

Cheers, 
    Pete

• For all lossy compressed textures (ETC, ETC2+EAC, ASTC, etc) mipmaps must be generated offline, and each level is uploaded separately as a separate manual texture upload to the OpenGL ES API.

This is not unique to ASTC - this is common to all of the compressed formats (GPU can decompress only).

Cheers, 
    Pete

Children
No data