This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM Mali mobile platform OpenCL

Hi all,

I have a mobile platform that has an ARM Mali GPU and Android 7.0 Nougat. I was able to use my Linux Desktop with a cross-compiler to compile the Mali SDK sample code. I copied over the SDK code with the executable files to the mobile platform. General question here, how should I run the executable files on the mobile platform? How can I run OpenCL code on Android?

I am new to OpenCL and Android. I would like to know how to get started.

Thanks,

David

Parents
  • While it is possible to execute ELF binaries directly on Android systems, you most likely want to compile and execute OpenCL kernels from inside an Android application, using the NDK and the JNI capabilities of the system.

Also, you'll need an Android device capable of running OpenCL code.

I'll suggest trying to find the SDK sample that best suits your needs and try to adapt it for Android.
  • While it is possible to execute ELF binaries directly on Android systems, you most likely want to compile and execute OpenCL kernels from inside an Android application, using the NDK and the JNI capabilities of the system.

Also, you'll need an Android device capable of running OpenCL code.

I'll suggest trying to find the SDK sample that best suits your needs and try to adapt it for Android.
Children