This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

mali400 utgard fbdev r5p1_01 rectangular video memory

Hi,

I'm tring to use the Mali400 on the Xilinx MpSoC device (aarch64 Linux) using the utgard fbdev r5p1_01 drivers/libs.

I used Mali_OpenGL_ES_SDK_v2.4.4.71fdbd_Linux_x64.tar.gz to build the test applications.

I'm trying to use Mali with the graphics controller hardware which supports only rectangular video memory . This is a limitation of the graphics controller, the stride is always power of two.

If I setup the stride to 1024 pixels and resolution to 1024x768 I can see normal image drawn on the screen by the Mali400 GPU.

If I use the resolution is 1920x1080 RGB32 and the stride 2048 pixels (fb_fix_screeninfo.line_length=8192) then the image on the screen in messed up. This is evidently due to the wrong stride.

The r5p1_01 egl/gl libraries don't seem to take the fb_fix_screeninfo.line_length parameter into account.

I tried also setting the fbdev_window.width to 2048 but this then fails on eglInitialize.

Is there any way to setup the EGL to support the rectangular memory?

Many thanks,

Goran

Parents Reply Children
No data