This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

usage of streamline to enable mali: Userspace (scons) needs gator=1

Hello everyone,

I am using DS5 streamline CE to collect GPU information.

In the sw/streamline/gator/README.md,  it says :

___To add the corresponding support to Mali___

Userspace (scons) needs gator=1

I am not an expert on scons.  What should I do here to add gator=1, where can I access the userspace?

Thanks.

Parents
  • Thank you Michael  mcgeagh

The kernel source I obtained includes mali driver, so I compiled the driver as a kernel module. Without any setting for mali driver from userspace  (gator=1), Streamline seems to support all the GPU counters so far,

-------That aside, it is entirely possible that the userspace driver with your BSP already has this enabled.

How can you check that the userspace driver with your BSP already has this enabled?

Best regards

• Thank you Michael  mcgeagh

The kernel source I obtained includes mali driver, so I compiled the driver as a kernel module. Without any setting for mali driver from userspace  (gator=1), Streamline seems to support all the GPU counters so far,

-------That aside, it is entirely possible that the userspace driver with your BSP already has this enabled.

How can you check that the userspace driver with your BSP already has this enabled?

Best regards

Children
  • Hi dynamicprofiling

Generally speaking in most common BSP packages, you usually do not need to do anything special to turn on GPU counters in either the kernel or userspace side of Mali DDK. Usually you only need to enable Mali support within Gator itself.

However that is assuming you have CPU counters/Streamline working already, which itself usually requires a few kernel options enabling such as profiling.

Without looking further, my first reaction to say whether the userspace has gator=1 already is to simply try streamline out and see if you get the GPU HW counters in the list appearing.

Personally I have not needed to enable it myself when enabling Streamline on the devices I have been using.

Hope that helps!

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh