This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM Mali Performance Counter Access

Hi everyone! I am new to the community! I am currently doing some research on the ARM mali GPU with the Odroid-XU3 board.

I read from here: Mali Midgard Family Performance Counters  that I can actually access the hardware performance counters through ARM DS-5 streamline. I have tried that and it works great for me!

However, I would like to know other than this tool provided by ARM, is there any tools that I can use to read the hardware performance counters? Or is there a way for me to read the counters from the command line? I want to have access to the counters automatically rather than manually capturing for a session. Thanks a ton guys!

Parents
  • Hi,

We don't have any off-the-shelf public command line tools available, sorry.

However the on-target parts of Streamline (Gator) are provided as open source components with full source access (either in the DS-5 Streamline install, or via GitHub - ARM-software/gator ), so that should provide a good starting point for rolling your own interface (e.g. replace the network streaming part of gatord with whatever command line interface and data format you want to use).

Kind regards,
    Pete

• Hi,

We don't have any off-the-shelf public command line tools available, sorry.

However the on-target parts of Streamline (Gator) are provided as open source components with full source access (either in the DS-5 Streamline install, or via GitHub - ARM-software/gator ), so that should provide a good starting point for rolling your own interface (e.g. replace the network streaming part of gatord with whatever command line interface and data format you want to use).

Kind regards,
    Pete

Children