This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali T62x r10p0 Wayland thread

Thanks @ARM for releasing updated Wayland drivers for the Odroid-XU3/4.

Good to see both gbm_platform and wayland_platform extensions are part of one binary.

I didn't test yet thoroughly the drivers, but there are a couple of issues I found annoying:

1) mutter (gnome-shell) will not start with r10p0, whereas it could start (and run gnome3) with r7p0. I will update this post if I can track down the issue why, but somehow COGL won't find the driver - probably some extension that it's looking for is missing

2) apparently, weston is failing to directly scanout the fullscreen buffer - gbm_bo_import is failing. This happens in fullscreen EGL applications and looks to be related to the alpha value.

This issue was present in the r7p0 driver as well. It's easy to test this on weston (tested with kernel 4.8.0-rc1 on odroid-xu4):

"weston-simple-egl" is capped at 60fps (as it should)

"weston-simple-egl -f" (fullscreen) is capped at 30fps

"weston-simple-egl -f -s" (fullscreen, using 16bpp) is capped at 60fps

"glmark2-es2-wayland" is capped at 60fps

"glmark2-es2-wayland --fullscreen" is capped at 30fps

"glmark2-es2-wayland --fullscreen --visual-config red=4:blue=4:green=4:alpha=0" is capped at 60fps

It was reported that if you kill a compositor while weston-simple-egl -f is running, weston-simple-egl will block forever.

There are similar issues in Enlightenment21, however not in gnome-shell (starting mutter with the r7p0 driver, then using either the r7p0 or the r10p0 driver for EGL apps).

Hopefully you can do another release quickly with some fixes!

• regarding the first issue: libcogl was not using eglGetPlatformDisplayEXT but eglGetDisplay() - and this was failing.

after patching cogl to use eglGetPlatformDisplayEXT, gnome-shell works again.