This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali OpenGL ES Instrumented Drivers?

Hi,

I want to optimize my app which is running on mali gpu. ARM offers some developer tools like mali debugger, DS-5 streamline, etc. A document(http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.dui0363d/DUI0363D_opengl_es_app_dev_guide.pdf ) mentioned "Mali OpenGL ES Instrumented Drivers" which adds some extra debug functionality to OpenGL ES driver. I want to install the specially built driver to debug my app but I can't find the driver here(Drivers - Mali Developer Center ). Is it avaliable?  How can I access that? or maybe I need to build it myself?

I also debug my app with mali debugger, it helps a lot. However, the debugger can not capture some detailed information split by frame, like quads rasterized, primitives culled, ...  Is there any other tools I can capture these data?

• Is there any other tools I can capture these data?

The only developer tool we have available for accessing the performance counters is DS5 Streamline. You shouldn't need instrumented driver builds to work with DS-5 Streamline - it is possible to enable the required kernel support in a release build - but whether the device manufacturer does enable the required kernel options to support gator depends on the manufacturer.

HTH,
    Pete